The Maintenance Technician is responsible for the corrective, preventative and predictive maintenance of all on-site manufacturing machines and equipment to ensure maximum efficiency. The Maintenance Technician maintains all machines and equipment to the highest possible standards, and in the case of unplanned maintenance requirements, carries out effective troubleshooting and fault-finding to keep downtime to a minimum.
- Carry out corrective, preventative and predictive maintenance to support Production in achieving targets and continual improvement using Lean Principles.
- Support all aspects of machine and equipment maintenance, installation and modification.
- Perform detailed equipment surveys, maintenance, calibrations, PMs and troubleshooting as required.
- Maintain equipment (including automation and other calibrated equipment) in excellent condition, ensuring consistent quality, output and yield.
- Operate and monitor equipment, (including automation and other calibrated equipment), using ERP/DCS and PLC based systems to ensure optimum equipment uptime and the achievement of target outputs.
- Operate, troubleshoot and repair complex systems which may include Injection Molding machines, 3/4/5/6 Axis Robots, Water temperature control units, dryers, conveying systems HVAC, Isolators, compressed gasses, wastewater treatment, etc., under minimal supervision in a highly regulated, cGMP environment.
- Interpret Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams, equipment/system layouts, wiring diagrams, and specifications in planning and performing maintenance and repairs.
- Follow systematic root-cause problem solving and troubleshooting to resolve issues.
- Effect corrective actions as required when a fault is detected or as soon as any deterioration in performance occurs.
- Lead and implement process improvements to achieve more efficient operations, while adhering to change management and cGMP requirements.
- Assist and support maintenance projects to improve equipment reliability.
- Document all maintenance work, including upgrades, carried out on existing equipment, including preventative maintenance performed and parts used, to ensure appropriate documentation and records of repair history.
- Maintain an effective system for the availability, issue and control of spare parts for all equipment; order and maintain appropriate stock of spare parts; liaise directly with vendors on supply of parts, upgrades to systems etc., as necessary.
- Assist in general facility upkeep and provides responsive customer support with emphasis on customer satisfaction.
- Maintain the highest standards of hygiene and housekeeping.
- Co-operate and participate fully in training and development in cross-skilling and other job-related competencies.
- Ensure highest Quality & Compliance standards, participating and complying with the Quality Management System.
- Participate in Safety and Environmental programs. Adhere to safe working practices as set out in the Safety Statement and other company safety rules.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, including quality requirements, financial controls, health and safety regulations, etc.
- Strong competency in electrical fault finding/diagnostics.
- Hold a third-level qualification in Automation Engineering/ Electrics, Electronics, Mechatronics, Mechanical Engineering or similar. Alternatively, be a full-qualified trades person (Electrician; Plumber, Fitter etc.) with directly relevant experience in manufacturing.
- Have previously held a similar role within a high-volume medical device manufacturing environment working on injection moulding machines.
- Have experience in high-volume automation / robotics on highly automated production equipment to include diagnosing/resolving issues and relevant programming.
- Have extensive experience, to include troubleshooting, in Pneumatics, Electronics, Hydraulics, Programmable Controllers, Servo Motor drives, etc.
- Experience in leading process improvement projects in medical device environment
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Have a comprehensive knowledge of QMS principles (preferably ISO13485)
- Be a team player and capable of working independently and on own initiative.
- Be well-organised, highly self-motivated and capable of multi-tasking in a fast-paced, pressurised environment.
If interested in this posting, please feel free to contact Jack Caffrey on
+353 (0) 1 699 1528 or @ firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.