The Production Coordinator directs activities in production, along with continuous improvement of operating efficiencies and provision of technical process support to engineering, manufacturing and tooling across the molding department, to meet customer expectations.
- Know and follow all the Company’s safety rules, such as safe work practices and standard operating procedures.
- Serve as a good role model to employees for safe work practices and behaviour by conducting yourself professionally, keeping in mind your own safety and the safety of others.
- Learn and master all necessary areas of the quality system.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Good Documentation Practices (GDP).
- Manages operations to plan, organize, direct, design, coordinate, control, implement, and maintain continuous improvements to improve safety, productivity, quality and costs to achieve stated production goals and objectives.
- Coordinate activities between all shifts.
- Provides support to all shifts to obtain maximum growth and profitability, while ensuring a safe environment as the team’s highest priority always.
- Ensure that the highest standards of quality are maintained.
- Hire, review, train and mentor molding and assembly staff.
- Assign, direct, supervise, evaluate, and oversee the training and development of staff.
- Develop long-term plans for new processes and equipment.
- Facilitate communication between Manufacturing, Engineering, and Tool room.
- May assist with preparing budgets when required.
- Solve complex problems with flow in present manufacturing process.
- Directs the development of new production processes.
- Minimize downtime and increase operating efficiencies.
- Ability to lead teams using lean manufacturing, problem solving and six sigma tools to reduce scrap, increase productivity and eliminate quality and safety issues.
- Works with team to identify root cause of defects and ensure implementation of corrective actions to address quality concerns.
- Assess, report, and ensure the timely repair of any safety hazards associated with equipment.
- May collaborate with customer base at the launch of new jobs and as an ongoing continuous improvement effort on current production jobs.
- Continuously improve efficiency and accuracy in the manufacturing process and ensure compliance as it relates to ISO/GMP Standards.
- Incorporate production environment and plant cleanliness among plant employees.
- Ensure that the Operations Manager is continuously informed of all activities regarding the various production jobs including any problems, workmanship, and products not meeting the company’s high standards of quality.
- Observe and adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for performance evaluations and training for the molding departments.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty to the satisfaction of the assigned manager. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field is a plus.
- 3rd level qualification in management role in manufacturing.
- Strong team building, decision making, and people management skills.
- Strong troubleshooting, problem solving, project management and communication skills.
- Knowledge in FDA and ISO Quality Systems is preferred.
- Knowledge/understanding, operating and experience in ERP systems is essential.
- Inventory management and control experience essential.
- Experience in developing and managing KPI’s.
- Evidence of KPI management and adherence essential.
- Previous experience/understanding of management principles (budgeting/expense management, strategic planning, resource allocation and human resources).
- Expertise within the plastics industry in terms of standards, processes, procedures, and equipment is an advantage.
- Ability to create accountability and lead by example.
- Ability to read, write, comprehend, and communicate the English language in a proficient manner.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong skills in customer relations.
- Good understanding and ability to perform tasks and create documents using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook.
- Experience using MRP/ERP systems.
- Strong quantitative skills, including a thorough understanding and application of statistics.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- Occasionally exposed to high, precarious places, fumes, or airborne particles, and risk of electrical shock.
- The noise level can be occasionally loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to stand, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally required to walk, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and talk and hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Must have ability to lift 50 pounds.
People Management Experience Essential for this role.
If interested in this posting, please feel free to contact Jack Caffrey on
+353 (0) 1 699 1528 or @ email@example.com for further information.